Main Ave Dr
Taylorsville, NC 28681
The public is invited to enjoy the 3rd Annual “Old Fashioned Christmas” in downtown Taylorsville on December 15-16. On Friday, December 15, there will be “ice” skating from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., evening carriage rides under the Christmas lights from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m., and evening Polar Express train rides. On Saturday, December 16, festivities will run from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., with “ice” skating, Polar Express train rides, carriage rides, live nativity, manger petting zoo, Christmas Shopping in the Angel Christmas Market, pictures with Mickey and Minnie, pictures with Santa Claus, and Santa’s Winter Wonderland.
Cost for the activities:
• Ice Skating – $6 (includes skate rental)
• Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride – $5 for all ages (you can reserve times for Friday evening or Saturday by paying in advance at the Apple Festival office).
• Polar Express Train Ride – $3
• Reindeer Ride – $5
• Winter Wonderland Rides – wristband $15 in advance, or $20 at the gate
• Santa Pictures – $5 (you can reserve times by paying in advance at the Apple Festival office). Santa and Mrs. Claus are ready to visit with you and share a small gift and some cookies while they visit Taylorsville before Christmas!
• Christmas Pictures with Mickey and Minnie (includes free picture frame) – $5
• Manger Petting Zoo – $1
There will also be a “Find the Elf on the Shelf” at the Old Fashioned Christmas event. There is no cost to play, and all the children who find the “Elf on the Shelf” will receive a small prize. The first 40 kids to receive a “Gold Coin” from the Elf will receive special prizes. The Elf will be hiding throughout the day in various locations until all of the prizes are gone. Be sure to look for the Elf everywhere as you enjoy the day!